Orthodontic Appliances in Pearland & Houston
Protecting Your Teeth Retainer
- You will need to wear a teeth retainer after braces are removed. Wear your retainer full-time, until the doctor instructs otherwise.
- Take your retainer out when eating … and always put retainers in their case! (Most appliances are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.)
- Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque and eliminates odors. Efferdent® or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used but do not take the place of brushing.
- When your retainer is not in your mouth it should ALWAYS be in a retainer case. Pets love to chew on them!
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading or singing to get used to them faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat them with care. If a retainer is lost or broken, call us immediately.
- Remove your retainer when swimming.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine and napkins.
If you have any questions or concerns about your retainers, or your retainers need adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust them yourself. Always bring your retainers to your appointments. Retainer replacement is expensive … with proper care they will last for years!
When you want quality family dentistry in Missouri City, Memorial, Pearland, Houston, Shadow Creek and bordering locations, call G Orthodontics in Pearland at 713-436-1241 or in Houston at 832-659-0607, or use our convenient Request an Appointment form.